About The Course
We are a society where sharing information about ourselves is an everyday occurrence. More and more organisations hold increasing amounts of personal data. Developed by industry experts at law firm Geldards and REALSENSE, this course is designed to help organisations ensure compliance with the GDPR by training their staff on key data protection concepts. Reaffirms the principles of data protection law, emphasises the importance of ensuring employees feel confident about their obligations under the GDPR and in handling and storing personal data in a way that’s safe and legally compliant.
Aims of the course
By the end of this course learners will:
• Understand the importance of data protection law and the key data protection principles
• Understand the key changes introduced by the GDPR
• Be aware of the rules relating to consent, and the rights of data subjects in relation to their personal data
• Understand how to help their employer comply with the security and personal data breach reporting obligations
Who is it for?
The course is aimed at staff members in all organisations that handle personal data.
What is data protection and why is it important? The relevant law and enforcement, key definitions, the data protection principles.
2. THE GDPR
Demonstrating compliance, consent, privacy notices, individuals’ rights, personal data breach notification, fines.
3. HOW YOU CAN HELP YOUR EMPLOYER
What is a personal data breach? Steps you can take to help prevent a personal data breach, what to do if you identify a personal data breach.
A short assessment comprising of a series of questions to test your knowledge and understanding of the course.